Friday, April 27, 2012

Rant:The Rebirth of Mothra movies on DVD

Okay I don't normally do rants but since I'm upset about the subject on what I'm ranting on I figured why not, So this is on what the Rebirth of Mothra movies on DVD have to offer.First off the 2000 double feature DVD set that has Rebirth of Mothra 1 and 2 Toho kingdom has a review of it and they say the picture is good well I didn't think it was maybe because the first one looks better because when I got the DVD I haven't seen the first  one I ended up watching it on Encore one day when I was flipping through the channels.Then the audio tracks both movies are only heard in english we don't want the freaking english dubs from tristar for these Toho kaiju films and the biggest problem that I have with this set is the lack of special features.Yep it's a bare bones release all right nothing no making of's,no deleted scenes,no commentaries,no previews, no anything it sucks!And the menus are BORNING! So that really bothers me. And another thing that I am upset about is that rebirth of Mothra 3 is not on DVD (or home video for the better really). So I want Toho to do special editions for Rebirth of Mothra 1 and 2 on DVD and blu-ray with remastered picture and sound and includes special features and Japanese audio track too as well as releasing rebirth of Mothra 3. While the region 2 DVDs for the movies have special features I heard but I don't own a region 2 or free DVD player. So that's what I think about the region 1 DVD so I just god hope that some company like shout factory to release theses movies on special edition dvds and blu rays that will be nice. So that's my rant on the Rebirth of Mothra dvds from region 1 sorry that I offended some of you guys who don't like rants.Anyway this is Danny saying have a nice day.


In case anyone is interested these are the speical features for the region 2 dvds(but I could be dead wrong about these) but enjoy!

MOTHRA
1. Theatrical Trailer
2. Mothra Special Disc (a "making of" featurette from the 1997 CAV Laser Disc release)
3. Mothra Video Pamphlet (image gallery of the theatrical pamphlet)
4. News Flash, Teaser Trailer & TV Spots
5. Audio Commentary with director Okihiro Yoneda and cinematographer Yoshinori Sekiguchi.
6. Handbook

-----

MOTHRA 2

1. A message from special effects director Koichi Kawakita
2. "Mothra 2" special effects shooting
3. Hikari Mitsushima interview
4. Audio Commentary with Hikari Mitsushima
5. Handbook

Mothra 3

●A message from Producer Tomiyama
●Special FX shooting on "Mothra 3"
●Mothra VS King Ghidorah: Forming Careers (Featuring: Keizowi Marase, Shinichi Wakasa, Masaaki Tezuka)
●Cameraman Sakurai's explaination of composition
●Teaser Trailer(s), Theatrical Trailer(s), TV Spot(s)
●Audio commentary with Special FX director Kenji Suzuki
●Booklet

region 1 cover art for ROM 1 and 2


region 2 dvd cover art for ROM2

No comments:

Post a Comment